- Product Range
Situated in a sheltered valley in the foothills of the Sperrin mountains in Ireland's County Tyrone, you come across an oasis of peace and tranquillity. Baronscourt, the home of the Duke of Abercorn's family since 1612, is among that handful of old family Estates in the British Isles which combine great historical and architectural interest with a landscape of outstanding natural beauty.
This vibrant working farm, rural business, and Estate spreads over the valley floor at Baronscourt, and throughout its history each generation of the family has continued to ensure a programme of constant planting and landscaping of the park and gardens.
Baronscourt Estate is the home of Northern Ireland's finest wild venison and home reared pheasants and ducks, situated in Co. Tyrone. The management of the Estate's wild herd of Japanese Sika deer has been recognised with the Laurent Perrier Award for wild game conservation, and in season sells its wild game. While the forestry enterprise, an integral part of the Estate, won the Royal Forestry Society's 'Duke of Cornwall's Award' in 2003.
'Naturally Wild since 1751'
The herd of wild Japanese Sika deer were initially introduced in 1751, and now thrive in our forests and woodlands.
Wild seasonal game products including, award winning Sika venison, and home reared Pheasants and Duck.
Baronscourt game product are very seasonal: Products Venison – available between August – March (300 deer)
Burgers and Sausages – in the last year we have brought out a range of wild venison burgers and sausages which are proving to be popular for the family markets and BBQ’s all year round. Game Birds – available between September – January (6,000 game birds max) • Pheasant (oven ready) • Duck (oven ready)
Hotels, Restaurants & Caterers including:
Fortnum and Masons - London
Oysters Restaurant - Strabane
The Red Pepper - Castlederg
Lough Erne Resort - Enniskillen
The Marlborough Inn - Whiltshire
Customers can place an order direct from the Estate, Tel: + 44 (0)28 8166 1683.
Game season runs from September - March.
- Great Taste Awards 2020: One Gold Star for Wild Sika Venison Burger, Two Gold Stars for Wild Sika Venison Loin & Three Gold Stars for Wild Sika Venison French Rack.
- Great Taste Awards 2019: Two Gold Stars for our Wild Sika Venison Loin and our Wild Sika Venison French Rack and one Star for our Wild Sika Venison Sausage.
- Great Taste Awards 2017: Three Gold Stars for Wild Sika Venison Loin' 2 Gold Stars each for Wild Sika Venison French Rack & Wild Sika Venison Burger & 1 Gold Star for Wild Sika Venison Sausage.
- Great Taste Awards 2016: One Gold Star for Wild Sika Venison French Rack.
- Great Taste Awards 2015: Golden Fork Regional Winner for Northern Ireland - Wild Sika Venison French Rack. Three Gold Stars for our Wild Sika Venison French Rack & One Gold Star for our Wild Sika Venison Sausage and Wild Sika Venison Loin.
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.