- The team at leading food company Moy Park has raised an incredible £50,000 so far to support its charity partner, Alzheimer’s Society.
- Following a two year absence, Belfast Restaurant Week is returning to restaurants across the city centre this September with a menu to tempt every tastebud.
- Co Tryrone-based Baronscourt Estate has been crowned winner of the Northeren Ireland Regional Fork award at the annual Golden Forks reception in London.
Queen’s University Belfast and Finnebrogue Artisan announce food-science scholarship in memory of late Finnebrogue founderQueen’s University and Finnebrogue Artisan have launched a new post-graduate scholarship in memory of Denis Lynn, the founder of Finnebrogue.
- Revamped and expanded Castlereagh Store in the east of the city prepares to welcome shoppers from 15 September
- The agri-food sector in the region is now worth close to £5.5 billion, according to the annual Northern Ireland food and drinks processing report from Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (Daera).
- Derry city’s local food and drink providers have been linked up in a tasty trail of restaurants, cafes, street food, bars and hotels that aims to promote the LegenDerry Food experience for visitors and locals alike.
- Almost 3,000 entries were judged this year, the highest figure on record
- Economy Minister Gordon Lyons, Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey and Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd recently visited Belfast Distillery Company at Crumlin Road Gaol to welcome the company’s £22.3million investment.
- Northern Ireland scoops 159 Great Taste awards - from chorizo picante to breakfast tea and christmas pudding