- Product Range
Finnebrogue Artisan is a name synonymous with good food. It started as a producer of superb venison but has since branched out into other meat products and plant-based alternatives.
Finnebrogue always looks at what is wrong with food to figure out how to make it the best it can be, without being bound by the way it has always been done. That kind of innovative thinking has led to multiple awards, nationwide acclaim and has established the firm as the UK’s leading premium sausage manufacturer.
As well as supplying most of the UK’s major supermarkets under their own private labels, Finnebrogue’s own Naked brand has been a huge success story since it launched in 2018. Naked Bacon is now Britain’s biggest bacon brand. They are the first mass produced rashers to be made without nitrites, which have been shown to be carcinogenic when used to produce processed meats.
The business has progressed rapidly in recent years. Its restless drive for innovation has been the cornerstone of its success, with turnover growing from £3 million in 2009 to a projected £149.5 million by 2021.
The business uses local suppliers including Karro Food Group, Linden Foods, Moy Park, Dale Farm, Mash Direct and PGI Armagh Bramley apples. Customers can enjoy products sold under the Finnebrogue brand, selected retailer’s own-label and in restaurants across Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.
Venison – Saddles, Top Sides, Strip Loins (UK Cut), Fillets, French Racks, High Spec Diced, burgers, sausages.
Outdoor bred, free range and organic pork sausages & stuffing products including E–number & allergen–free ‘Cumberland’ and ‘Ultimate Pork’ sausages under the ‘Naked’ brand.
Nitrate–free ‘Naked Bacon’ & ‘Naked Smoked Bacon’– the first to be completely free from nitrites, preservatives, E numbers and all allergens.
Naked Ham and Pork sausages – the first to be completely free from nitrites, preservatives, E numbers and all allergens.
Finnebrogue retail products are available in Marks & Spencer UK and Ireland, ASDA UK & Northern Ireland, Waitrose in the UK, Tesco UK & Northern Ireland, Superquinn in Southern Ireland & selected Spar stores in Northern Ireland.
The company has developed an impressive record as a supplier of top quality pork products, including a range of Rankin Selection Sausages; Outdoor Bred Pork, Outdoor Bred Pork & Herb, Outdoor Bred Pork & Spring Onion and Beef & Shallot which are currently supplied to Waitrose & Tesco NI. In addition, Finnebrogue can supply catering or bulk packed 3rd party sausages.
The company also supplies all the premium own-label sausages in Marks & Spencer in UK and Ireland. In addition to supplying Marks & Spencer with organic chipolata sausages, venison sausages and a wide variety of outdoor bred pork sausages with exciting flavours such as Apple, Lincolnshire, Chorizo and Sweet Chilli, Finnebrogue also supply Beef & Tewkesbury Mustard Sausages and Moroccan Style Lamb, Apricot & Mint Chipolata Sausages. Recent innovation has seen Finnebrogue launch of a number new stuffing products into Marks & Spencer stores.
In January 2018, Finnebrogue launched 'Naked Bacon' - the first to be completely free from nitrites, preservatives, E numbers and all allergens. The company worked with Spanish chemists to produce the world's first nitrate-free Naked Bacon and is the outcome of research conducted over ten years. The new natural flavouring being used is produced from natural Mediterranean fruit and spice extracts and crucially, in independent blind taste tests, consumers said it was as good or better than traditionally cured meat. Finnebrogue will shortly launch ham and pork sausages also free from nitrites.
- BRC Accreditation - Grade A.
- Food Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2020: Lynn’s Country Foods winner of the Large Meat, Poultry and Seafood Manufacturing Company of the Year.category.
- The Grocer Gold Awards 2020: Denis Lynn, chairman of Finnebrogue Artisan named 'Entrepreneur of the Year 2020'
The Quality Awards 2020: Bacon Category - Finnebrogue Artisan Naked Smoked Streaky Bacon (Winner) & Sausage category - Winner for Asda Extra Special Reduced Fat Sausages; Commended for Asda Extra Special Red Leicester & Spring Onion Sausages.
- Food Manufacture Excellence Awards 2023: 'Food Manufacture Company of the Year' Award & 'Plant-based Manufacturing Company of the Year' Award
- Great Taste Awards 2019: Two gold Stars for our Blackgate Signature Wagyu Burgers.
- Great Taste Awards 2019: Blackgate Signature Wagyu Burgers 2 Gold Stars & 1 Gold Star to Finnebrogue Artisan Naked Smoked Back Bacon.
- Royal Bank of Scotland Great British Entrepreneur of the Year 2018 Awarded to Denis Lynn, md of Finnebrogue
- Director of the Year Awards 2018, IoD NI sponsored by First Trust Bank: 'Director of the Year for Innovation' awarded to Denis Lynn
- The Grocer Gold Awards 2018: Denis Lynn, chairman of Finnebrogue Artisan shortlisted in in the Entrepreneur of the Year category
- UK Sausage Week Award 2017: Innovative category winner for Booker Blackgate British Pork & Vintage Cider Apple Sausages
- Meat & Poultry Processing Awards 2017: Aaron Lynn, Finnebrogue Artisan Plant Manager named Plant Manager of the Year
- Great Taste Awards 2016: One Gold Star for our ASDA Exta Special Welsh Vintage Cheddar, Spring Onion & Chive Sausage
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.