- Product Range
County Down based Hannan Meats was established in 1990 by Peter Hannan and specializes in supplying quality meat, poultry and other products for the foodservice market.
The company's success in major food competitions has led to a series of exciting business opportunities in key markets such as the UK, France, Portugal and Italy from celebrity chefs such as Marks Hix as well as premium retailers including Fortnum and Mason and Harrods.
Hannan Meats' 17,000 sq ft production facility in Moira includes Europe's first Himalayan Wall of Salt for ageing beef. The Himalayan salt is exceptional in terms of purity and its flavour enhancing qualities.
The development of what has become the world's biggest Himalayan Salt Chamber has enabled the company to set itself apart in highly competitive markets and to secure recognition for premium quality products that are now being demanded increasingly by leading chefs and upmarket retailers in the UK and other parts of Europe.
Hannan Meats was named Supreme Champion in the 2016 Great Taste Awards for its Glenarm Shorthorn Four Rib Roast and gained the NI regional Golden Fork Award. The Northern Ireland meat processor is the first to win the Supreme Champion award twice.
Dry–cured, smoked & black back & streaky bacon
Other speciality food products
Leading chefs and restaurants
Upmarket retailers throughout UK and Europe
- Great Taste Awards 2019: Three Gold Stars awarded to Hannan Sugar Pit Bone in Bacon Loin. Two Gold Stars each awarded to Himalayan Salt Aged Wing Rib Joint, Himalayan Salt Aged Bone in Sirloin Joint, Himalayan Salt Aged Bone in Fillet Steak, Pastrami Boneless Beef Short Ribs, Confit Beef Cheeks, Sugar Pit Boneless Bacon Loin, Sugar Pit Ham Hocks, Sugar Pit Bacon Ribs, Lamb Shoulder Part Boned and Pork, Apple and Sage Sausage Roll. One Gold Star each awarded to Himalayan Salt Aged Bone in Sirloin Steak, Dry Cure Middle Bacon and Porchetta.
- Irish Food Writers Guild Awards 2019: Lifetime Achievement Award presented to Peter Hannan
- The British Charcuterie Awards 2018: Silver award for Hannans Sweet Cured Ham Hock, Black Belly Bacon and Lamb Bacon and Bronze for Pastrami Brisket
- Slow Food UK Awards 2018: Hannan Meats named Best Butcher in Northern Ireland
- Blas na h'Eireann (Irish Foods Awards) 2018: Gold each for Himalayan Salt Aged Fillet Steak & Himalayan Salt Aged Ribeye Steak and Bronze for Himalayan Salt Aged Sirloin Steak
- Great Taste Awards 2018: Three Gold Stars each for Glenarm Salt Aged Lamb Striploin, Lamb Bacon, 3 Mix Burger Unseasoned, 3 Mix Burger Seasoned; Two Stars each awarded to Dry Aged Rib-Eye Steak, 3 Sweet Bacon Rack & Smoked Bacon Rack and 1 Star awarded each to Gluten Free Pork & Caramelised Onion Sausage, Glenarm Shorthorn Tomahawk Steak, Dry Aged Sirloin Steak, Rump Barrel Steak, Rump Barrel Roast, 2 Bone Sugar Pit Bacon Chop, Smoked Streaky Bacon Chop, Black Belly Bacon & Classic Italian Sausage
- BBC Food and Farming Awards 2018: The Derek Cooper Award presented to Peter Hannan for his innovation and enterprise in food and in business
- UTV Business Eye Awards 2017: Peter Hannan named Northern Ireland's Business Personality of 2017
- Blas na h'Eireann (Irish Foods Awards) 2017: Gold for Himalayan Salt Aged Sirloin Striploin Steak
- Great Taste Awards 2017: Three Gold Stars each for Glenarm Salt Aged Lamb Rump & Sweet Cured Bacon Rack; Two Gold Stars each awarded to Mighty Marbled Cote de Boeuf Steak & Rib Cap; One Gold Star each awarded to Mighty Marbled Wing Rib Sirloin Steak, Glenarm Salt Aged Lamb Rack, Moyallon Air Dried Back Bacon, Moyallon Air Dried Streaky Bacon & Moyallon Air Dried Pancetta
- World Steak Challenge 2017: Gold awards for Glenarm Shorthorn fillet & rib-eye steaks
- Daily Telegraph Food Power List 2017: Producers and Innovators Category - Peter is described as 'The Northern Irish meat guru'
- Great Taste 2016 Supreme Champion & NI Regional Fork Winner: gained a record breaking 59 gold stars for 36 meat products
- Blas na hEireann Awards 2015: Gold Winner for Hot Smoked Chicken Fillet
- Aer Lingus Viscount Awards 2015: Best Small Business Award
- Farm Shop & Deli Awards 2014: Northern Ireland Regional Winner
- In 2012 Hannan Meats secured the Supreme Champion award for its Moyallon Guanciale and in 2013, was awarded an exceptional 44 gold stars the largest ever haul of awards by a single UK producer, in the history of the annual event as well as having five salt-aged beef products listed by the guild in the Top 50 Foods.
- World Steak Challenge 2019: Four Golds for Glenarm Shorthorn ribeye and sirloin products .
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.