Kilmegan Irish Cider
- Product Range
Kilmegan Cider is based at Dundrum in County Down in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains overlooking Dundrum Bay.
In 2009 Andrew and his wife Karen decided to make a few gallons of cider from the usually wasted crop of apples from the 100 year old trees in his parent's orchard.
This first batch was crisp and fully dry and in no way resembled the commercial cider that had made Andrew, as an overindulgent teenager on a camping trip with mates, so ill.
Encouraged by the positive feedback by family and friends over the next few years Kilmegan Cider was registered in July 2013.
Making ciders primarily for the restaurant trade Kilmegan Cider was given its first recognition as a quality product when included in the McKennas Best in Ireland 2015 Award. This was followed by Gold Stars in the Great Taste Awards and success in the Irish Quality Food Awards in the same year.
In May 2016 Kilmegan Cider became the first Irish Cider to win a taste Trophy in the International Cider Challenge. Greater success followed two weeks later when Kilmegan was crowned Reserve Supreme British Champion Cider at the Royal Bath and West Show. This is the biggest competition of its kind in the world with 600 UK & International entrees.
Made using a traditional rack and cloth press our product range includes;
Kilmegan”Real” Cider 6.8% abv. Fully dry on the palate this classic cider pairs perfectly with pork and shellfish.
Kilmegan “Irish Farmhouse Cider” 5.9% abv.
A well balanced medium dry cider sweetened with pure, late season, eating apple juice. Great with barbecued food and pasta.
Kilmegan”Wild Elderflower Infused Cider”4.0%
This medium cider is the lightest in the range and has been quoted by many as “Summer in a glass” with it’s subtle floral finish.
- Great Taste Awards 2018: One Gold Star for Kilmegan Irish Farmhouse Cider
- Great Taste Awards 2017: One Gold Star for Kilmegan Real Cider
- Great Taste Awards 2016: Kilmegan Real Cider awarded trophy & Gold medal, Kilmegan Irish Farmhouse Cider awarded Silver medal, Kilmegan Wild Elderflower Infused Cider awarded Bronze medal & all three ciders awarded Silver medal in Design and packaging.
- International Cider Challenge 2016: Kilmegan Real Cider awarded trophy & Gold medal, Kilmegan Irish Farmhouse Cider awarded Silver medal, Kilmegan Wild Elderflower Infused Cider awarded Bronze medal & all three ciders awarded Silver medal in Design and packaging.
- Great Taste Awards 2015: One Gold star for Kilmegan Real Cider & one Gold star for Kilmegan Wild Elderflower Infused Cider
- Irish Quality Food Awards 2015: Kilmegan Irish Farmhouse Cider Highly Commended
- McKenna's Guide 2015: All three ciders included in Best in Ireland Award
- Great Taste Awards 2020: Two Gold Stars for Kilmegan Apple Juice and one Gold Star for Kilmegan"Wild Elderflower Infused" Cider.
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.