Thompson's Family Teas
- Product Range
Thompson Family Teas, who own Northern Ireland's best-selling tea, Punjana, have been blending and packing their award-winning range of teas in Belfast for over a century.
In 1896 Robert S Thompson trained in the art of tea tasting and soon became known for his devotion to quality. As third generation Ross and David Thompson carry on the family's passion for tea, personally tasting and selecting every leaf for their award-winning range of teas.
Joint Managing Director, Ross Thompson explains "Our mission has always been to create the "Perfect Everyday Cuppa", a tea that has superior taste and flavour whilst representing great value for money. We believe that we have achieved this and naturally we were thrilled, when we won an unprecedented 23 Stars in this year's Great Taste Awards 2016. Indeed their beloved Punjana brand won the maximum 3 Stars, which means that Punjana has won more Great Taste Awards than any other blended tea bag product over the last 10 years.
Other of Thompson's multiple Star winners this year included their Irish Breakfast Blend, Signature Blend, Decaf' and Punjana loose tea.
Tea bags and loose leaf tea
Speciality tea bags including –
Pure Camomile and others
- BRC Global Food Safety Grade A ISO 1400 Environmental Management System OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety Management
- Great Taste Awards 2018: 3 Stars each for Thompson's Signature Blend & Thompson's Everyday Blend; 2 Stars each for Thompson's Decaf Tea, Thompson's Punjana Tea, Thompson's Scottish Blend & Thompson's Irish Breakfast Tea and 1 Star each for Punjana Loose Tea, Thompson's Rhubarb Spritzer, Thompson's Black Tea Orange Cookies, Thompson's Single Estate Darjeeling, Thompson's Scent of a Rose and Thompson's Hedgerow Heaven.
- Ulster Grocer Marketing Awards 2018: Best Brand Marketing Award for Punjana Tea
- Blas na hEireann Awards 2017: Gold for Thompson's Irish Breakfast Blend
- Great Taste Awards 2017: Two Gold Stars awarded to Thompsons Decaffeinated Tea & One Gold Star awarded each to Thomson's Luxury Everyday Loose, Thompson's Turkish Apple Amazing, Thompson's Scottish Blend & Thompson's Punjana Original
- NIFDA Awards 2017: People's Choice Award
- Great Taste Awards 2016: Three Stars for Punjana and Irish Breakfast Blend. Two Stars for Signature, Punjana Loose, Turkish Apple, Hedgerow Heaven, Black Tea Orange Cookies, Hedgerow Heaven and Hot Summer Red. One Star winners included Decaf, Rhubarb Spritzer and Scent of a Rose.
- Blas na hEireann Awards 2016: Silver for Punjana Original.
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.