- Product Range
A third generation farmer, Mervyn Kennedy launched his bacon processing business as a farm diversification project in Omagh, County Tyrone.
Mervyn concentrated on developing his own dry-curing technique to give his products a distinctive taste and processes a wide range of dry-cure products from the farm's extensive herd of pigs. Kennedy bacon is cured in as near to the traditional way as possible, using the minimum amount of cure, which leaves the bacon less salty.
Kennedy Bacon products have won UK Great Taste Awards and, most recently, at the Blas na hEireann Irish National Food Awards. At Blas, the Northern Ireland company gained recognition for its bacon lardons aimed at chefs and foodservice operations.
In September 2017, Kennedy Bacon announced it was expanding production to meet the growing demand for its range of products following orders from leading retailers within the Musgrave Group and independent retailers in the Republic of Ireland.
Kennedy Bacon products are also available to buy at farmers Country Markets across Northern Ireland and select local retail outlets. Products can also be ordered directly from the farm.
Dry Cured Back Bacon
Dry Cured Back Bacon
Dry Cure Middle Cut & Streaky Bacon
Dry Cure Middle Cut and Streaky Baco,
Back Bacon Family Pack, Middle / Streaky
Quality Pork Sausages
Cooked Bacon Lardons
Retail outlets throughout NI including Musgrave Group (Centre, Mace & Supervalu NI)
Omagh every Monday
Walled City Derry on the first Saturday of each month
Causeway Market Coleraine on the Second Saturday of the month
Dungannon Farmers Market on the Third Saturday of the Month
Raceview Mill Broughshane on the last Saturday of the month
Comber Farmers Market on the First Thursday of the month.
Spring, Summer and Autumn, we attend all the Ballycastle Markets along with Ballymoney and Limavady.
Garden Show Ireland
Numerous Food & Drink Fairs & Events throughout NI
Belfast International Airport
Retail outlets throughout NI
- SALSA Accreditation
- Great Taste Awards 2019: Gold Star for our Dry Cured Back Bacon
- Great Taste Awards 2018: Two Gold Stars for our Dry Cured Bacon Loin Roast with Honey & Mustard Glaze
- Great Taste Awards 2017: Two Gold Stars for our Dry Cured Gammon Steak & One Gold Star for our Dry Cured Middle Cut Bacon
- NIFDA Awards 2017: Highly commended in Best New Product (Small Company) category
- Great Taste Awards 2016: Two Gold Stars awarded to our Dry Cured Gammon Roast & One Gold star each for Dry Cured Smoked Bacon, Dry Cured Streaky Bacon & Dry Cured Bacon Joint
- Great Taste Awards 2015: One Gold Star awarded to our Dry cured back bacon
Contact this supplier
Content is the property of the supplier and is not owned by BuyNIFood.